When you receive your TPS Tuner, it is already preset to 5volts. If you feel that you ever need to calibrate your TPS Tuner, please see our website videos for detailed instructions.
Determine the type of TPS plug you have and use the corresponding adapter.
If yours looks like the one pictured here (for 2012-2016 EXC / XCFW, FE, FE-S), the TPS adjuster will not require any adapter.
- Unclip the stock connector
- Turn the TPS Tuner on with the switch on the side
- The readout should read 0.00
- Connect the TPS Tuner to the TPS
- A stock TPS should read between .57-.61
- Loosen the screw here and rotate the TPS up and down to achieve the desired readout
- Factory specs call for .58-.61
- Turn the TPS counterclockwise until the TPS Tuner reads .65
- Tighten down the TPS, disconnect the meter, reconnect the clip and go for a ride
- Test between .65 and .75. The higher the reading, the richer the bike runs.
- Experiment until you find a setting that works best for you and your bike.